New Student Enrollment 2023 / 2024
STEP ONE: ONLINE ENROLLMENT
Online enrollment is required IF NEW TO JORDAN SCHOOL DISTRICT. If your student has EVER been a student in Jordan School District (K-12), online enrollment is NOT required (move to Step 2). Jordan School District schools processes new student enrollments online using the Skyward Family Access system. Click HERE to enroll your student online.
If you have questions on which schools are in your boundary, please visit the Jordan School District BOUNDARY LOCATOR Page. If living OUTSIDE MRHS boundary and would like to attend MRHS, please complete the School Choice Permit Application HERE for the school year beginning August 21, 2023. We are currently accepting applications for permits for 2023/2024 school year. We have a limited number of permits available for 2023/2024 school year. Once the allotted permits are filled students will be moved to our wait list.
***If your student currently attends Fort Herriman Middle School or South Hills Middle School new student enrollment at Mountain Ridge High School is NOT REQUIRED.***
STEP TWO: COMPLETE NEW STUDENT ENROLLMENT FORM
The 2023/2024 New Student Enrollment Form HERE or can be picked up in our Attendance office when you come to enroll.
STEP THREE: SUBMIT REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
All NEW students must submit the following REQUIRED documentation to the Attendance Office.
IF ANY items are missing, your enrollment will not be completed.
- Original Birth Certificate (We will make a copy).
- Picture Identification from legal guardian.
- Proof of guardianship (only required if circumstances warrant)
- Unofficial Transcript / Report Card - obtain from previous schools (9-12 grade).
- Withdrawal papers from previous school.
- Proof of Residency - please provide a copy of a mortgage statement or lease agreement AND one of the following: current utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, etc showing address in MRHS boundaries. If you are living with family, please bring a notarized Affidavit of Occupancy.
- A Permit/Open Enrollment Application is required IF address isn't in the MRHS boundaries and must be approved BEFORE we can proceed with registration. Click HERE for 2023/2024 Permit Application.
- Immunization Record - MUST have:
- 5 DTap, DTP, DT (4th dose is acceptable, if the 4th dose was given after the 4th birthday.)
- 1 Tdap (TD Booster)
- 4 Polio
- 2 MMR
- 3 Hepatitis B
- 2 Hepatits A
- 2 Varicella (Chickenpox)
- 1 Meningococcal
- Copy of IEP - if applicable.
NOTE: Please notify your current school that you will be withdrawing.
STEP FOUR: CORE COURSE REQUEST
CORE COURSE REQUEST: All new students enrolling prior to February 24, 2023 will need to complete a course request card. (Cards are available in our Attendance Office, Registrars' Office and the Counseling Center beginning February 1, 2023.) After February 24, 2023 core course cards will no longer be accepted and you will complete your core classes and elective classes during Arena Scheduling.
STEP FIVE: ARENA SCHEDULING
ARENA SCHEDULING FOR 2023/2024: All students must complete this step! Please see Arena Scheduling in drop down menu under Registration for Arena Scheduling dates and instructions beginning in April 2023.
The last day for new students to enroll for the 2023/2024 fall school year and to participate in Arena Scheduling is May 26, 2023. After May 26, 2023 please call to make an appointment with the Registrar at 801-412-1730 to complete your enrollment and class schedule. Appointments will take place the first week in August when Counselors return from summer break. Please watch the website for exact dates.