Enhanced Diploma Honor Cords
- The minimum requirements for a Mountain Ridge High Enhanced Diploma are a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA, a 3.5 weighted GPA in your area of emphasis, and a 20 hour culminating project. Each area of focus has additional requirements which are listed in the documents in the side panel.
- Students should submit an application (link in side panel) no later than January of Senior year. Projects and all other requirements should be completed by the end of April.
- Student may complete requirements in more than one area of emphasis. In addition to a cord for each area completed, all areas of emphasis will be listed in the program and on the actual enhanced diploma.
- Forms can be returned to Mrs. Robertson electronically via email at [email protected]
- Forms may also be printed and put in Mrs. Robertson's box in the main office or delivered to room P2310
- All questions should be directed to Mrs. Robertson at the email listed above.
Q: Can I get an enhanced diploma in more than one area of focus?
A: Yes, as long as you meet all requirements and complete a separate project for each area. In certain circumstances, you can design a project that includes multiple areas of focus, with 20 hours per area.
Q: If I complete the requirements in more than one area, will I get multiple honor cords?
A: Yes, you will receive a cord for each forcus area completed.
Q: Can I participate in this program if I am a tech center student?
A: Yes, but your project needs to be separate from the hours you must complete to get your grade in the class and/or certification. Please be aware that the state has a pathway program that can also qualify you for an honor cord - it is just completely separate from the Mountain Ridge program.
Q: What kinds of projects can I do?
A: Basically, anything that showcases your skills in your chosen area, shares those skills with others, or gives you a professional experience to improve your skills will count. Projects should be a minimum of 20 hours and cannot be something already expected for a grade or participation in a class, team or club.