Enhanced Diploma Honor Cords
- The minimum requirements for a Mountain Ridge High Enhanced Diploma are a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA, a 3.5 weighted GPA in your area of emphasis, and a 20 hour culminating project. Each area of focus has additional requirements which are listed in the documents in the side panel.
- Students should submit an application (link in side panel) before winter break of the Senior year. Project proposals should be approved by the end of January, and project hours and all other requirements should be completed by the end of April. If you miss deadlines, just email Mrs. Robertson to make a plan.
- Student may complete requirements in more than one area of emphasis. In addition to a cord for each area completed, all areas of emphasis will be listed in the program and on the actual enhanced diploma.
- Forms can be returned to Mrs. Robertson electronically via email at [email protected]
- Forms may also be printed and put in Mrs. Robertson's box in the main office or delivered to room P2310
- All questions should be directed to Mrs. Robertson at the email listed above.
Q: Can I get an enhanced diploma in more than one area of focus?
A: Yes, as long as you meet all requirements and complete a separate project for each area. In certain circumstances, you can design a project that includes multiple areas of focus, with 20 hours per area.
Q: If I complete the requirements in more than one area, will I get multiple honor cords?
A: Yes, you will receive a cord for each forcus area completed.
Q: Can I participate in this program if I am a tech center student?
A: Yes, but your project needs to be separate from the hours you must complete to get your grade in the class and/or certification. Please be aware that the state has a pathway program that can also qualify you for an honor cord - it is just completely separate from the Mountain Ridge program.
Q: What kinds of projects can I do?
A: Basically, anything that showcases your skills in your chosen area, shares those skills with others, or gives you a professional experience to improve your skills will count. Projects should be a minimum of 20 hours and cannot be something already expected for a grade or participation in a class, team or club.