Parent Teacher Conferences
- PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE:
Dear Mountain Ridge Parents,
Fall parent teacher conferences will be this week on Wednesday, September 15th 2021. Your students WILL NOT ATTEND SCHOOL THAT DAY; However, they are welcome and encouraged to participate in parent teacher conference if you would like them to.
We are offering two different ways to meet with your teachers:
From 12:00pm to 3:30pm will be virtual zoom meetings.
- If you sign up for a virtual meeting the teacher will email you their zoom link and there will be a spreadsheet with all their zoom link information placed on our website. https://www.
mountainridgesentinels.org/ apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID= 1580759&type=d&pREC_ID=2077915
- From 4:30pm to 8:00pm will be in person meetings in your students’ teachers classroom.
We have appointments open and available every 10 minutes. We ask that you log onto your Skyward parent account, find times that work for you and set up an appointment to meet with your students’ teachers.
As a reminder this is how the process will work:
- Beginning now, you can go on your Parent Skyward account and sign up for appointments with your Mountain Ridge Teachers. Teachers will have 10 min increments for conferences. Be mindful that the 12:00pm-3:30pm is for zoom meetings and 4:30pm-8:00pm will be for in person meetings. HOWEVER, if you have a need, please reach out to those teachers and they will work with you and be accommodating for possible extenuating circumstances.
- Attached to this email is a link to our MRHS website, where you will be able to find the spreadsheet with your teachers zoom links.
- *****You will find this spreadsheet under the community tab on our website. Down at the bottom of the list will be “Parent Teacher Conferences” The spreadsheet is placed there.
- A few minutes before your scheduled appointment time, click on the link from the spreadsheet next to the teacher's name and enter the virtual waiting room.
- The teacher will let you into the virtual conference when they are ready for the meeting.
- After meeting with the teacher, please click the red "Leave" button to clear the room for the next parent.
- Here is an instructional video that was created by another school in our district, so you can see how this process works from your end.
3. If you are attending in person meetings with your students’ teachers, you can pick up a school map from the main office or scan the QR codes that are placed around the building. This should help you find the classrooms. Your students can also escort you to and from their classes and we will also have ushers around that can help you navigate.
4. Wait outside the teacher’s rooms until your scheduled time or you are invited in by the teacher.
How to meet with your Counselor during Parent Teacher Conferences:
Our Counseling Center, Social Worker, School Psychologist and CTE Coordinator will be available from 12:00pm - 3:30pm and again from 4:30pm to 8:00pm for walk ins, phone calls or emails. You can call and set up appointments if necessary.
You can contact your counselors by calling the Counseling Center at: (801) 412-1720 or by email:
A – Br Mrs. Van Wagenen marissa.vanwagenen@
Bu - Fi Mrs. Newling katelynn.newling@
Fl - I Mr. Blodgett john.blodgett@jordandistrict.
J – McD Mrs. Munns sidni.braithwaite@
McE – Pes Ms. Easton elizabeth.easton@
Pet – So Ms. Strahan stacey.strahan@
Sp – Z Mr. Elder firstname.lastname@example.org
Psychologist Mrs. Omlie christina.omlie@
Social Worker Mr. Webster kip.webster@jordandistrict.
CTE Coordinator Mrs. Newbrough kimberlee.newbrough@
Once again, we know this is a newer process. We are confident that this time will be productive for you and your student and we hope that all of the Zoom links work properly. If you are having difficulty connecting with your teacher, please send them an email or call the office between the hours of 7-3 PM before Wednesday or between the hours of 12:00-8:00PM on the day of Parent Teacher Conferences.
Thank You for everything you’ve done to support your students and their teachers.Mountain Ridge Administration