Mountain Ridge Students, Parents & Guardians:
As you know, it was decided at the emergency JSD Board meeting that Mountain Ridge will be moved to an online learning model beginning on Thursday, November 12. This online learning will go until November 30 which is the last day of Thanksgiving break. Like the last shut down, our teachers will be holding ZOOM meetings each period with their classes. These meetings will allow our students to engage with their teachers and classmates. It will also allow them to ask any questions they may have and to clarify Canvas assignments and due dates. Unlike the last shutdown, there will be some students that will be allowed to come on specific days and times depending on the needs of students and what classes they’re in. These exceptions will be limited to very small groups. We want you to take advantage of the Zoom time each period - Please stay engaged!
We will follow the same Monday through Thursday schedule for each class period that we had during the last shut down.
Students currently out on quarantine will need to complete their quarantine as directed in the communication that was sent home. Quarantined students will not be able to come to school on Friday unless their 14 day quarantine is over or they show a negative test after day seven of exposure.
This online schedule is NOT intended to be two weeks off of school. Instead it is two weeks of online instruction that will allow our school/community to reset and allow all those students that are infected by the virus to recover. Please stay engaged with your classes through Zoom and through CANVAS. E-mail teachers and ask questions on Zoom as needed. You can expect that there will be assignments and learning activities. Again, please stay engaged!
Online learning will NOT have an automatic passing grade. Students and teachers will need to work together to achieve proficiency and passing grades. Students need to work hard to continue their learning. PLEASE STAY ENGAGED
Tech Center classes:
Those students that are currently enrolled in the tech center classes will begin online learning on Monday, November 16th. The exception to this would be those students that have already been notified that classes will continue because of professional licensing and certification requirements. Those students will receive detailed instructions from their teachers concerning attendance in person. Those students will be responsible to get to Mountain Ridge where buses will pick them up at the regular times and bring them to the tech center. The buses will bring them back to Mountain Ridge at the end of their classes and students will be responsible to get themselves home from Mountain Ridge.
Because of the Governor’s directive, all extra-curricular activities including performing arts are cancelled until November 24. More information regarding winter sports try-outs will be coming as it becomes available.
We provided every student with a chromebook at the beginning of this school year. If you need help with your chromebook, please call the district help desk (801-567-8737) or the school (801-412-1700) and we’ll get you taken care of.
Breakfast and lunch will continue to be provided for all students as a grab and go curbside lunch. Lunch will run from 10:30 to 11:30 and can be picked up in back of the school.
How Long Will This Last?
We will resume face to face learning on November 30th. Thanksgiving break begins on November 25 and no instruction will take place during this break.
COVID Reminder & Protocols:
· If your student has even one COVID symptom, please have them stay home. If someone in your household gets tested, please wait until the results come back negative before attending school.
· Continue to wash hands and make wise decisions outside of the school environment.
· As parents, please carefully consider what activities you are promoting and encouraging your students to attend. Please be responsible with masks and social distancing.
· When a student is exposed to someone who has tested positive, they need to quarantine for 14 days from the last day of known exposure.
We Got This:
Again, we are sorry for the disruption that this two week shutdown will create for all of us. We all have the same goals for our students so please assume good will if frustrations occur. We’ve got two weeks - please stay engaged in your schoolwork and stay safe. Together, we can do this.
Thank you for being great!
We’ll see you soon,
MRHS Administration and Staff
SCHEDULE FOR ONLINE LEARNING
1st/5th period 7:30 – 8:50
2nd/6th period 9:00 – 10:20
Lunch 10:30 – 11:30 grab and go curbside (Pickup in the back of the school)
3rd/7th period 11:35 – 12:55
4th/8th period 1:00 – 2:25
Tutorial Videos for Students and Parents
Canvas Tutorial Videos
- Canvas: Fix Your Canvas Notification (New)
- Canvas: Student or Parent Login
- Canvas: Communicating with Teachers - Canvas Inbox
- Canvas: Embedding Pictures
- Canvas: Turn Off Canvas Notifications
- Canvas: Attach Google Drive
- Canvas: Uploading Videos for Assignments
- Canvas: How to Submit Assignments
- Canvas: Feedback and Rubrics
Skyward Tutorial Videos
- Skyward: How to Login
- Skyward: Understanding Grades Part 1
- Skyward: Understanding Grades Part 2
- Skyward: Missing Assignment Tips - Part 1
- Skyward: Missing Assignment Tips - Part 2